Work On Campus
A foreign national who is a full-time student at a college or university in Canada and holds a valid study permit may be eligible to work on campus without a work permit.
If so, they can work part-time (i.e. up to 20 hours per week) at their school, for a faculty member, or at a private business on campus. To qualify to work on campus, a foreign national must:
- Have a valid study permit; and
- Be a full-time student at a:
- Public post-secondary school (e.g. college or university) or CEGEP in Quebec;
- Private college-level school in Quebec that operates under the same rules as public schools and is at least 50% funded by government grants; or
- Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law.
A foreign national must stop working on campus immediately when they are no longer studying full-time or their study permit expires.