[Warning] is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/opt/plesk/php/5.6/share/pear/Zend/Translate/Adapter/I18nRailsYamlAdapter.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/drnlaw.ca/:/tmp/)

GET /individual-immigration/study-in-canada/work-on-campus/

Line 198 in /var/www/vhosts/drnlaw.ca/httpdocs/framework/thirdparty/Zend/Loader.php


190         foreach (self::explodeIncludePath() as $path) {
191             if ($path == '.') {
192                 if (is_readable($filename)) {
193                     return true;
194                 }
195                 continue;
196             }
197             $file = $path . '/' . $filename;
198             if (is_readable($file)) {
199                 return true;
200             }
201         }
202         return false;
203     }


Work On Campus

Work On Campus

A foreign national who is a full-time student at a college or university in Canada and holds a valid study permit may be eligible to work on campus without a work permit. 

If so, they can work part-time (i.e. up to 20 hours per week) at their school, for a faculty member, or at a private business on campus. To qualify to work on campus, a foreign national must:

  • Have a valid study permit; and 
  • Be a full-time student at a:
    • Public post-secondary school (e.g. college or university) or CEGEP in Quebec;
    • Private college-level school in Quebec that operates under the same rules as public schools and is at least 50% funded by government grants; or
    • Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law. 

A foreign national must stop working on campus immediately when they are no longer studying full-time or their study permit expires.